Characteristics POWERbreathe Kinetic K5
Choose POWERbreathe K5
- For inspiratory muscle training (IMT), testing, warm-up, cool-down, graphical results, and advanced Breathe-Link Live Feedback Software
- For a max of 30 user/client profiles - 1200 stored sessions per user
- Auto-optimising IMT - automatically adapts to your training requirements
- Training Intensity - can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance - guides you to breathe at an appropriate rate
- Training Results - scroll between results for Load, Power, Volume, Flow and Energy
- Single Breath Test - measures inspiratory muscle strength, peak inspiratory flow rate and inhaled volume in a single breath
- Warm-up & Cool-down - automatically sets the optimal resistance for inspiratory muscle warm-up and cool-down
- Training History - displays a graphical history of your last 36 training sessions allowing you to review trends and previous personal best results
- Breathing Energy - measures the mechanical work of breathing during your breathing session
- Breathe-Link Software - Windows and Mac connectivity via USB enables real-time training and performance testing
- Breathe-Link Pro-View - use this for advanced, detailed, simultaneous plotting and analysis of all IMT data
- Breathe-Link Custom - allows you to create and upload your own personalised breathing training sessions
Breathe-Link Software for PC/Mac
The K5 software is PC compatible (except for Windows 10 S for which it is not compatible).
It is also MAC compatible, working on the following MAC OS. Mac software will only work for x86_64 bit architecture.
- Version 10.9: "Mavericks”
- Version 10.10: "Yosemite”
- Version 10.11: "El Capitan"
- Version 10.4: "Tiger"
- Version 10.5: "Leopard"
- Version 10.6: "Snow Leopard"
- Version 10.7: "Lion"
- Version 10.8: "Mountain Lion"
About POWERbreathe IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exercise tolerance.
About POWERbreathe K-Series
- Third generation POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device
- World’s first electronic variable threshold resistance training device for adaptable, personalised training
- Simple LCD menu system for navigating through different settings and to view training results
- Rechargeable - recharging stand included
- Washable valve head and mouthpiece - DO NOT immerse the handset or expose it to running water
- Drug-free - no side effects or drug interactions
- 2010 Consumer Product Design of the Year
K-Series Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training
Breathing physiology indicates that when your lungs are empty the breathing muscles are at their strongest. However, as they fill up with air they start to lose strength and therefore at high loads they can’t maintain a full contraction throughout an entire breath.
The POWERbreathe K-Series uses Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training to overcome this. This type of training offers a tapered loading resistance to match the contraction curve of your own breathing muscles throughout your entire breath. This enables you to complete a full breath and muscular contraction at an optimal resistance.
The K-Series will automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session.
Use and care
How to use
Full instructions are provided in the User Manual. Quick Start:
- Charge the unit.
- Power on.
- Select Start from the menu then select Train.
- Put the nose-clip on.
- Breathe - until you hear the beep. Repeat for 30 breaths.
- View Results
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week you remove the valve head with mouthpiece and soak it in warm water for about 10 minutes (see POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week soak the valve head with mouthpiece in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.
DO NOT immerse the handset or expose it to running water as this will damage the electronics.
Precautions and contraindications
POWERbreathe is drug free, suitable for almost anyone and should cause no harmful side effects when used properly. Please read the following precautions and contraindications to ensure that you use your POWERbreathe safely and appropriately.
If you have any doubts about POWERbreathe’s suitability, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
- Do not make changes to any prescribed medication or prescribed treatment programme without consulting your doctor.
- Do not use POWERbreathe if you are suffering from a ruptured eardrum.
- To prevent the potential transmission of infections, we recommend that you do not share your POWERbreathe with other users, including family members.
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- POWERbreathe is designed for exercising your inspiratory muscles only. No other use is intended or implied.
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult. POWERbreathe contains small parts and is not suitable for children under 7 years.
- Whilst training with POWERbreathe you should feel resistance when inhaling but it should not be painful. If you should feel pain whilst using POWERbreathe, stop immediately and consult your doctor.
- Some users may experience slight ear discomfort when training with Medic Plus, especially if they are recovering from a cold. This is caused by inadequate equalisation of pressure between the mouth and ears. If symptoms persist, please consult your doctor.
- If you are suffering from a cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that you do not use POWERbreathe until symptoms have disappeared. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
- Refer to your Healthcare Professional before using POWERbreathe if you have any of the following conditions:
Inspiratory muscle training, such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with certain conditions, including the following:
- Asthma patients who have low symptom perception and suffer from frequent, severe exacerbations or with an abnormally low perception of dyspnoea
- If you are suffering from a ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the ear
- Patients with marked elevated left ventricular end-diastolic volume and pressure
- Patients with worsening heart failure signs and symptoms after RMT / IMT
- If in doubt, consult your Healthcare Professional.
What's in the box
- POWERbreathe IMT device
- Mouthpiece (PVC - not made with natural rubber latex or and phthalates)
- Nose clip
- Storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets (These will be removed if shipping to the USA and the box resealed).
- User manual
Comparative POWERbreathe Kinetic K5
Shipping POWERbreathe Kinetic K5
- Delivery feefree delivery
- Availability5 - 10 working days
- Delivered at
Ordered. This product has been ordered from our provider and will be available in 5 - 10 working days. Order now to make sure the product will be reserved for you.
At fitnessdigital we seek complete satisfaction for our clients and we know that delivery charges are an inconvenience and therefore fitnessdigital offers free delivery for orders over €200. On orders up to €100 delivery costs are €9.99 and between €100 and €200 the delivery costs are €6.99. The shopping basket automatically updates the delivery costs. At fitnessdigital we also take great care over the delivery and always do everything possible to ensure that the delivery times are respected. For this reason we work with transport leaders such as TNT, DHL, DACHSER, DPD or UPS.
- Please note that if you order more than one product, you might receive them on different days and/or with different transport companies; in this case too we do our very best to respect delivery time of all the products ordered.
- The transport carriers will only deliver to the ground floor entrance of the building or property. Delivery does not include taking the merchandise up to a first floor nor does it include installment.
Not at home for the delivery? If an attempt at delivery is made and there is no one at home, the transport company will leave you a note instructing you to contact them so that you can confirm a new delivery date. When the transport company delivers the goods, before signing the delivery note, please check the following:
- That the number of packages coincides with the number indicated on the delivery note. If the number of packages does not coincide, please note this on the delivery note before signing for the delivery.
- That the packages do not show any signs of being deformed or damaged. If there is damage, please indicate "damaged package" on the delivery note.
If there is damage, it is very important that this is indicated on the delivery note as stated above and communicated to us within 24 hours from receiving the order, in order to process the necessary damage claim. We strongly advise you to send us photos of the damage to the package and/or products in order to give you a solution as quickly as possible.
Important: Damage claims on the content must be reported within 7 days of receipt. Otherwise, they cannot be accepted.
- 1 year
***If the warranty is longer than two years, it will be shown in the product description.
FitnessDigital.com is an official distributor, therefore we can
- The product is new
- The product comes in its original packaging
- As we are official distributors, we offer after sales service for all the products of this brand
POWERbreathe®Backed by 10 years of research, is a unique, easy-to-use, drug free device, designed to help reduce breathlessness, improve fitness and maximize sports performance.
Easy to use, only 30 breaths twice a day will lead to stronger inspiratory muscles - the muscles we use to breathe in.Suitable for anyone who wants to improve his/her stamina. Perfect to build up stamina at the start or during the season. .
Proven by sports scientists at Birmingham University (one of the UK's leading Human Performance Research Universities) and Loughborough University, results are quick. You should feel stronger within a few days, within 3 weeks less breathless and within 4 weeks your performance should improve.
POWERbreathe® is suitable to anyone, thanks to the settings and the automatic resistance adjustment option.
The officially licensed and branded POWERbreathe Ironman and Iron Girl Plus series? were created following a multi-year License Agreement in 2005 with owners of Ironman and Iron Girl, the World Triathlon Corporation.
Payment methods POWERbreathe Kinetic K5
Cash On DeliveryNo surcharge
You will receive the order at the registered address and the payment is made on delivery in cash. The cash on delivery option is only available for orders of 150 € or more.
Credit cardNo surcharge
Pay securely with the following credit cards: VISA, VISA Electron, 4B, or Mastercard
or with an authenticated credit card (Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode).
If you have a credit card that allows you to purchase in internet, and you have a code or password that allows you to pay on-line, this is a good and comfortbale way to pay for you. Payment on-line means that your order will be paid for right after checkout, and is therefore very fast. fitnessdigital.pl is 100% secure. We guarantee the safety of your credit card information. All credit card information is handled with the utmost security and will never be released to any other organisation under any circumstance.
Your order will be sent upon receipt of the PayPal confirmation of payment of the full amount. What is PayPal?
fitnessdigital could sometimes ask a customer to use a certain payment methods ( for instance if the information given to us is not complete or seems to include false information). This could be the case when we are not able to properly identify who the customer is. We could sometimes ask for specially added documents as well, in order to prove payment
Delivery costs, delivery time and terms and conditions for free delivery are the same for all payment methods
Cash On Delivery payments can be made in the local currency (€).
Ask the expert about POWERbreathe Kinetic K5
User reviews about POWERbreathe Kinetic K5
Tell us what you think!