Buyer's guide to Elastic exercise bands
Elastic exercise bands are very simple accessories that offer a series of important advantages and benefits. Among them we should highlight the following:
- · They are very economical, easy to transport and store, and ideal for training at home.
- · They can be used to work all the muscle groups.
- · They add a variety of movements to training sessions.
- · They are easily adapted to multiple fitness levels.
- · They are very effective as part of a rehabilitation programme.
When purchasing an elastic exercise band, you should pay attention to the following aspects:
Bands may offer more or less resistance. Depending on your fitness or your level of knowledge and experience at working out with elastic exercise bands you should buy a band with more or less resistance.
There are elastic exercise bands that come with handles to hold them directly, but there are others that include handles made of different materials, so that they can be held more easily and safely.
Depending on the muscle group you want to work out, it may be more advisable to choose a band with a higher or lower level of resistance, as for small muscle groups you generally need a lower level of tension than for large muscle groups.