Buyer's guide to Creatine Monohydrate
Although the body itself produces Creatine and it can also be obtained through food of animal origin (meat or fish), many sportspersons and bodybuilders consume monohydrated Creatine to increase their stamina, gain strength and muscle mass. Monohydrated Creatine comes in a powder, ready to be mixed with liquid and consumed. Replenishment with Creatine monohydrate produces certain Benefits:
- · Improves performance and increases strength in anaerobic activities (short but intense).
- · Delays the onset of fatigue.
- · Reduces damage to muscles.
- · Prevents injuries and, if injured, enhances recovery.
- · Makes it possible to intensify the load in workouts.
How to take monohydrated Creatine?
Depending on the product the dose may vary, but generally you can take Creatine in two ways:
1) Consuming approximately 20g Creatine over 4-5 days. The calculation is based on 200mg/kg weight per day. After this phase, you can continue by consuming 3g of Creatine per day up to a month.
2) Consuming 3g to 5g a day for 30 days. The calculation is based on 50mg/kg of weight per day.